COMEDK exam is your one-way ticket to Karnataka’s top engineering, architecture, medical and dental colleges. COMEDK expands to Consortium of Medical, Engineering, and Dental, Karnataka. This is an entrance exam that grants admissions in around twenty thousand seats of colleges in Karnataka. This includes more than 14 medical colleges, 25 dental colleges and 150 engineering colleges of Karnataka under the umbrella of Association of Medical, Dental and Engineering Colleges.
COMEDK exam Eligibility:
Eligibility Criteria for Engineering Courses-
- Qualifying Examination:Candidates applying for the admission through COMEDK UGET must have passed the Class 12th boards or second PUC or equivalent examination recognized by the State or Central government. Since there is no lateral degree programme through COMEDK UGET exam, no diploma candidates are eligible for the COMEDK UGET 2019entrance examination.
- Subject Combination:Candidates applying for COMEDK UGET must have studied Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics along with English as the compulsory subject in their Class 11th & Class 12th There is no exception here.
- Marks required in the said Qualifying Examination: General category candidates must have secured an aggregate of 45%marks in Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics each. That and they should have passed individually in their Class 12th board examination. Candidates that belong in the SC/ST/OBC candidates must have secured at least 40% marks in their class 12th. Physics and Mathematics are compulsory along with Chemistry/ Biology/ Biotechnology/ Computer Science/ Electronics as optional subjects.
COMEDK exam syllabus:
Well COMEDK exam syllabus is pretty simple- It’s all you have in your 10+2 or 12th board syllabus. So, if we must put it here, please refer to the tables below:
Chemistry for COMEDK exam:
|Mole Concept||Atomic Structure & Chemical Bonding|
|Thermodynamics||Gaseous and Liquid State|
|Haloarenes||Metal and Metallurgy|
|Classification of elements & periodicity in properties||P-block elements|
|F block elements||Co-ordination Compounds|
|Nuclear Chemistry||Chemistry in Action|
|Measurement in Chemistry||Basic Concepts|
|Chemical Kinetics||S-block elements|
Mathematics for COMEDK exam:
|Matrices and Determinants||Differential calculus|
|Vector algebra||Number System|
|Three Dimensional Geometry|
Physics for COMEDK exam:
|General Dimensions||Modern Physics|
|Thermal and Chemical effects of Current||Mechanics|
|Hooke’s Law and Force||Centripetal and Centrifugal force|
|Electricity and Magnetism||Oscillations|
|Optics||Electricity and Magnetism|
|Thermal Physics||Sound and Mechanics Waves|
COMEDK exam Important Dates:
Well, the official website has announced all the COMEDK exam dates – from Registration to mock tests to release of COMEDK Answer key. Refer the table below to know all about the important dates of COMEDK exam.
|Events of COMEDK exam||Important Dates of COMEDK exam|
|Registration starting||January 16, 2019(12:00 pm)|
|Availability of Mock Test||February 5, 2019|
|Last Date for Submission of Filled Application Form along with Online Payment||April 19, 2019|
|Availability of Hall Ticket||May 3, 2019 to May 11, 2019|
|COMEDK UGET 2019 Examination||May 12, 2019 (As announced on the official website)|
|Provisional Answer Key release date||May 16, 2019|
|Last date to challenge Provisional Answer Keys||May 20, 2019|
|The release of the final answer key||May 24, 2019|
|COMEDK UGET 2019 Result announcement||May 27, 2019|
|Counselling Session begins for COMEDK UGET 2019||The second week of July 2019|
COMEDK 2019 Examination Pattern:
As we just saw above, COMEDK UGET 2019 will be based on the syllabus of 10+2 or your 12th grade.
|Subjects||PCM (B.E.)||PCB (MBB/BDS)||PCMB|
|Physics||60 MCQ||60 MCQ||60 MCQ|
|Chemistry||60 MCQ||60 MCQ||60 MCQ|
|Mathematics||60 MCQ||60 MCQ||60 MCQ|
|Biology||Not applicable||60 MCQ||60 MCQ|
|English||Not applicable||60 MCQ||60 MCQ|
|Total||180 MCQ||240 MCQ||300 MCQ|
Highlights to know about COMEDK exam:
- For Engineering Courses-Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics are one paper for three hours duration. No breaks are given. ALL 3 sections are taken on the same day.
- For Medical and Dental Courses-Physics and Chemistry are taken on one paper for two hours duration except for Biology and English. Those two are comprised in a whole another paper that lasts for two hours duration.
- For Medical/Dental and Engineering courses (Both)- Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics are conducted for two hours. Then Biology and English are conducted separately in a different exam.
- Each MCQs has 1 mark each. There is no negative marking.
- There is an exception here for the negative marking. In the event of a tie in the test score, the principle of least negative responses (Number of wrong answers) will be adopted. Additionally, if required, other methods may be adopted to break ties.
COMEDK Exam- Best tips and tricks:
Following are some of our Tips and Tricks for preparing for the exam in the last 3 months:
- Time management: COMEDK is a time-based test. It also requires accuracy and speed. To solve 60 questions in 1 hour is a not an easy task. You need to be able to have solved so many questions of the types you get that it becomes a pattern in your mind. This way, the time you take to think about the question solving is very minimal. You may want to adopt a specific exam strategy that allows you to cover all simpler questions first and then move to tougher ones. Sometimes you get too hooked to one single question and find it hard to move on. Always remind yourself that it’s 1 minute per question that you have.
- Practice previous year papers and mock tests: Exam simulation is a must. This gives you the exact understanding of how a question paper looks and how you go about solving it. Treat every mock test and previous year paper as the real deal. Always go back and compare your previous year papers with the COMEDK answer key so that you learn where you fell flat and can rectify them. One cannot have solved enough such papers. Not only do they give you a fair view of the exam, the mock tests also give you an AIR. Which means that it holds a true mirror to where you stand while you still have some time to make changes to your preparation.
- Stick to the syllabus: Your COMEDK syllabus is right out of your 12th or 10+2 textbook. Stick to it and you will be fine. Keep your fundamentals clear and you will be just fine.
- Revise: One cannot stress enough how much revisions change your exam performance. Small silly mistakes you make can be avoided. Things that definitely test your memory, calculations, etc. can be avoided. Stick the formulae, periodic table, chemical equations, and physics formulae up a wall so that you don’t forget simple things and lose marks for really nothing. Wishing you all the best for COMEDK exam!